Lena is in bed and I felt like summing up my life to this point. What's been going on with Jennifer? Not a whole lot actually. I have a few new passions and obsessions, but a lot of the old ones too.
I still love to read as much as I can. Admittedly, it's not as much as before because Lena keeps me totally occupied (and I love every minute of it--mostly). I still scrapbook. The new obsession is Archivers and their evil workshops that make me want to spend my money on tools and papers and all kinds of other stuff that I probably don't really need but will buy anyway.
If I had more money I would totally be way more obsessed with bookbinding. As it is, I do what I can on my small time budget. Also, this town isn't exactly chocked full of stores that sell the supplies. And I am minus a one ton paper cutter and a book press. I have decided that my dad cursed me to genetically be unable to have cheap hobbies that don't have a lot of specialized equipment.
I'm getting better at crochet and knitting. This is one of my cheaper hobbies. So far.
Movies Rock! And I love Netflix.
A relatively new obsession is Anime. My fab hubby got me hooked on one called Full Metal Alchemist when we were dating and it got worse from there. Some of you will understand and some of you won't. We don't have cable so we watch anime instead. I absolutely LOVE the anime Full Metal Panic. Sousuke and Kaname make a great team and I love their story. Brett laughs at me, but I don't care. Some other really good ones are: Black Lagoon, Deathnote, Ghost in the Shell, Hunter X Hunter, Lucky Star, Tengen Toppa Guren Lagen, Karas, Seirei no Moribito (no english trans.) and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Oh, and Trigun. Good ones are: Fate Stay Night, Gunslinger Girl, XXXholic, Read or Die, Ouran High School Host Club. In my weaker moments, I do like Yu Yu Hakusho. Everyone has their own tastes and the japanese cater to pretty much anything you might like. The one we are currently watching and is great and has fabulous animation is Soul Eater. I liked Bleach at first but it was the anime that would not end. If you want more glowing reviews, just let me know. We would we really like to live in Tokyo or at least in Japan if we can. We went to Tokyo on vacation a couple of years ago and just loved it. The Japanese are serious hard working people that really know how to let you hang on to the kid inside you at the same time. I still like Hello Kitty. Sorry.
I believe that is all the new obsessions for now. I struggle with dishes, laundry, gardening, and general cleaning. I can usually find something more fun to do. That's all that's going on. Thanks for listening.
vintage
13 years ago
1 comment:
Fun update. I can see you getting into the Japanese cartoons. I too have discovered the joys of Netflix. We love it as we also do not have cable.
Post a Comment