Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Next Morning

So, I checked on Lena about 1:30am to see if she was still in her bed and she was. I never heard a thump or crying or anything at all that night from the bedroom. Tage woke me up early that morning and I went in to give him a bottle and this was the first thing I saw: No Lena. I was really confused because she was not in the living room or the kitchen and the garage door was locked (so far she has not figured out how to unlock doors). Where was she? As a last measure I checked under the bed. And sure enough, there she was. We have no clue how she got there. Did she fall out of bed onto the pile of blankets and then roll under the bed all in her sleep? Or was it a conscious decision to move under the bed? She won't talk.
I just know that when I went back in the room later in the morning she was worming her way out from under the bed and gave me her usual happy greeting: Mama! Lena awake!!!

1 comment:

Lizza said...

One time a neighborhood kid went missing (back in the day when you sent your kids out in the morning and called them back for dinner). We all started freaking out. Spent an hour searching every house and yard, calling her name.

She was asleep under the crib.