Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pardon my bragging.

Please pardon my bragging, but I am proud of myself. I don't really know what first sparked my interest in knitting, but one day I decided to give it a chance. My grandma taught me to knit a pair of slippers and they didn't turn out too well. So\, I promptly lost my interest in knitting and lost the slippers (they were really ugly). Then not too long ago I was looking for a sweater for Lena and not finding anything that I liked. Then I came across a knitting pattern that intrigued me. My mom had me knit some wash clothes to get back into practice and I embarked on the perilous journey of knitting a sweater. Considering I don't really know what I am doing because I've basically taught myself how to knit, the sweater didn't turn out too bad.
Here is Lena helping mommy with her knitting. I can't get over how good of a helper girl she is. It took me 3 hours to fix my ball of yarn. Too cute. (But isn't she so happy?)Here she is in the finished product. I wanted to make it a little big so that she could wear it a while. I seem to have gone overboard just a touch.
Our happy girl. Lena picked out the color of the sweater herself. I held up two colors and bought the one she lunged for. Simple process. Well, sorry for the long winded-ness, but I am just happy that I didn't screw up so bad on it that I gave up and went out a bought a sweater.

2 comments:

Jared and Andrea said...

I am so proud of you. You have every right to brag. It turned out great!

Jeni said...

That sweater is adorable Jen. You're amazing