Sunday, July 11, 2010

When the camera is good, you don't have to be.

I love to scrapbook. So I need lots of photos. I do the best I can, but all the good pictures are taken by Brett. Some how I just can't take really good photos. I am jealous of friends who have wonderful pictures on their blogs of their kids and events and stuff. I always wonder how people get those awesome shots you see when you go to Archiver's or where ever and see the sample work. My stuff NEVER looks like that. We recently got a new camera and for the first time, I read a good chunk of the owners manual and played with the settings to see what this baby can do. (We gave the old digital camer to Lena, who keeps touching the lense no matter what we say which is why we decided to get a new camera in the first place.) I've come to the conclusion that as long as the camera is really good, then I don't have to be. Here are some shots from the new camera:



These two shots just show my average picture taking skills. The subject is cute, but the pictures aren't anytghing special. Here I played with the color and doing a close up portrait shot. I could never get Lena, she runs too fast.Here is the pinpoint feature. I love this it makes it look I know what I'm doing.
Playing with the color again. This is fun.EXTREME CLOSE UP!!!Here was some high density thing. I don't really know but it messed with colors in a fun way.Same thing as before, but just in black and white. GG is fun to snuggle with.Scenery mode. Here is Timp for you.

Just know when I go to the library this week for crafts with the kids, we are stopping by the non-fiction section for just a minute. Maybe I will be able to find something to help me with composition or something and then the camera and I can be good.

2 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Those are some good shots! I wish I could be a good photographer. Maybe if I had money for an uber expensive camera and got some photography tips I could take some half decent photos. Anyway, the kids are so cute! And so big! I am excited to see all of you this week! Last time I saw Tage he was just a newborn.

P.S. I'm lovin' the new blog background.