Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Good Big Sister?

Lena is still adjusting to being a big sister. It is harder than we all thought to be a good big sister. I just need to reassure Tage that Lena really has the best in mind for him, even if she goes about it in an odd manner. For instance. The other day, she tried to pick him up while he was asleep. I got her to sit down and she wanted me to put him on her lap. She put her arms around what she could reach and started rocking back and fourth and singing a lullaby (she only knows like the first four notes of her favorite one). I was like, that is so totally precious. Then she notices his binky (pacifier) and tried to put it in his mouth. Well he was asleep so he wasn't taking it. So she tried to open his mouth by pullng down on his bottom lip. That didn't work either. Amazingly, he didn't wake up. She thought a minute and then plugged his nose so he would open his mouth. By this time I was laughing so hard, I have no clue if he opened his mouth or not. The laughing also seemed to distract Lena, so she stopped trying to feed him his binky. I think I'm going to be in trouble with her. She is a smart cookie.

2 comments:

Jared and Andrea said...

I love it! My sister and I are about the same age apart as Lena and Tage. My sister is alive and well, so seems like we big sister's get the hang of things eventually.
Ethan does that pacifier thing with his little cousin who is 3 months old. Hilarious!

Jared and Andrea said...

By the way, love the new blog title!